Does your heart ache for peace, mutual understanding, respect and trust? Do you want to be part of a conscious majority working to reduce the polarization, tension, violence and fear in our society? If your answer is yes, then join our Unity community as we explore current issues with open minds and open hearts. All events are open to the public.
Be part of the conversation. Be part of the healing.
Healing the Heart of America Book Club: Conversations on Race
Do you wonder why this society is so polarized about racial issues and racial justice? Would you welcome the opportunity to participate in a safe, open exploration of this sensitive topic? If so, join us in taking a reading journey to learn about race, its history in this country, what perpetuates it, and how we might overcome the forces that divide us. Bring a curious mind and a willingness to hear different points of view.
We read and discuss one book on race and social justice every month. So far we have read So You Want to Talk About Race; Between the World and Me; Stamped from the Beginning; How to Be an Antiracist; Just Mercy; and Rising Out of Hatred.
You are welcome to join us by contacting Linda at email@example.com
Come learn with us!
Meeting times: every Fourth Sunday, 2-4 pm, starting June 23.
Moderators: Linda Patterson and Cathy Casey
RSVP to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting location and directions.
Limited openings! RSVP NOW to hold your space!
- Healing the Heart of America , October 17, 2016
- Justice: What Kind of America Do We Want? January-February, 2017
- Spiritual Evolution: Gaining Insights for Action, March 2017
- Political Polarization and The Righteous Mind, April, 2017
- Dialogue on Race (4 sessions), October 2017 – February 2018
- An Evening with Marianne Williamson: Love America Tour, January 2018
- Wisdom of Gandhi classes, February 4 & 11, 2018
- Theo E.J. Wilson: Racial Healing through Unity Consciousness, April 12, 2018
- Conversation Café, June, 2018
- Unity Peacemakers’ “Living Room Conversations”, July-August, 2018
- Race and Ethnicity: From Pain to Possibilities, March 30, 2019
- Introduction to Compassionate Integrity Training (CIT), April 27, 2019
- Safe and Meaningful Conversations, June 20 & 27, 2019
- “After George Floyd: Healing from Our Pain”, June 14, 2020
- Rev. Karen Tudor, 713-782-4050, email@example.com
- Cindy Wigglesworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jean Latting