Does your heart ache for peace, mutual understanding, respect and trust? Do you want to be part of a conscious majority working to reduce the polarization, tension, violence and fear in our society? If your answer is yes, then join our Unity community as we explore current issues with open minds and open hearts. All events are open to the public.
Be part of the conversation. Be part of the healing.
Healing the Heart of America: How to Have Safe and Meaningful Conversations (#82)
One of the most formidable barriers to racial understanding is the fear of exposing oneself during uncomfortable conversations. “What if I say something offensive to people of color without meaning to?” “Why do I have to keep explaining myself to White people?”
What would happen if we could find a safe place to have these conversations? What does that require? And what are the results?
Jean was part of a group at Unity of Houston engaged in Healing the Heart of America by holding Safe and Meaningful Conversations. Listen to the congregants speak about their conversations and the importance of sticking with it. Congregants in this interview were Rev. Karen Tudor (Associate Minister, Unity of Houston), Cindy Wigglesworth, Diallo Kantambu, Alyce Coffey-Scott, Natasha Sylvester, and Jean Kantambu Latting.
Read the post or watch the video here.
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together, February 20, 2022 (Watch the Video) | (View the Presentation Slides)
- The Living History and Bright Future of Freedmen’s Town, March 21, 2021 (Watch the Video)
- A Unity Conversation on Racism and the Global Pandemic with Kym King, September 26, 2020 (Watch the video)
- The Voting Secrets No One Tells You: The Hidden and Down Ballots, September 12, 2020
(Watch the video)
Handout – Dates to Remember
Handout – Helpful Links
- What is Racism? A Deeper Dive, July 11, 2020 (Watch the Video)
- “After George Floyd: Learning from Our Pain”, June 14, 2020 (Watch the video)
- “A Conversation On Race with Dr. Jill Carroll,” September 14, 2019
- Safe and Meaningful Conversations, June 20 & 27, 2019
- Introduction to Compassionate Integrity Training (CIT), April 27, 2019
- Race and Ethnicity: From Pain to Possibilities, March 30, 2019
- Unity Peacemakers’ “Living Room Conversations”, July-August, 2018
- Conversation Café, June, 2018
- Theo E.J. Wilson: Racial Healing through Unity Consciousness, April 12, 2018
- Wisdom of Gandhi classes, February 4 & 11, 2018
- An Evening with Marianne Williamson: Love America Tour, January 2018
- Dialogue on Race (4 sessions), October 2017 – February 2018
- Political Polarization and The Righteous Mind, April, 2017
- Spiritual Evolution: Gaining Insights for Action, March 2017
- Justice: What Kind of America Do We Want? January-February, 2017
- Healing the Heart of America , October 17, 2016
- Rev. Karen Tudor, 713-782-4050, email@example.com
- Cindy Wigglesworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jean Latting