Facilitated by Mary Fehr, LUT Candidate
5 weeks – Tuesdays, April 6, 13, 20, 27 and May 3
Come with us on this journey into the history, mystery, and practice of the labyrinth as a form of meditation and devotion, beginning almost 4,000 years ago. Learn how the labyrinth’s presence appeared and grew in our time and place. Experience the finger labyrinth for yourself and open your heart to its transformative power. Finger labyrinths have been used for guided virtual labyrinth walks all over the world during the past year. And they have been used for meditation and pilgrimage since 900 BCE! In our journey together, we will use a different style finger labyrinth and a different theme in each class session. In this course you will::
- Explore the history of the labyrinth and its place in the mystic’s path.
- Explore the use of the finger labyrinth for personal transformation.
- “Walk” a different type of finger labyrinth during each class.
- Keep a labyrinth journal.
- Combine labyrinth walking with creative expression.
- Experience shifts in consciousness and spiritual growth.
- Learn a new way to meditate to find peace and insight.
- Discover a meditation technique that can enhance your spiritual journey from now on!
Paper labyrinths of different types will be provided. If you prefer to order your own wooden finger labyrinth, here are some sources:
Course Fee: $75
After registering, you will receive Zoom information.
About Mary Fehr:
Mary Fehr, Ph.D. is a Licensed Unity Teacher Candidate, Trained Labyrinth Facilitator, Trained SoulCollage® Facilitator, and 30+ year educator. Her joy is teaching and creating sacred experiences for fellow travelers on this spiritual journey! Mary is employed at Unity of Houston as the Director of Communications. She is also coordinating a vision for a permanent outdoor labyrinth at Unity of Houston. For more information contact email@example.com