OUR VISION is to “promote Empathy, Kindness and Compassion to Embrace All Living Creatures with Love and Respect.” The group aims to support and build community, to promote animal-human bond and nurture compassionate relationships with all living beings – including our companion animals.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our Animal Kinship Ministry is here to support you and your pets in a variety of loving ways – including:
- Meeting and connecting with other pet parents
- Prayer Support
- Annual Animal Blessing
- Pet Bereavement Support (Support during times of Loss, Sickness, Transition and Grief).
- Pet Memorials
- Foster and Adoption Network
- Pet Food Drives
- Responsible Pet Ownership programs for Adults and Children
- Education Programs and Community Resources
PET FOOD DONATIONS
Please consider donating pet food on the last Sunday of each month. There will be a red collection bin near the Volunteer Sign Up table. Donated food is delivered with Meals on Wheels, and if the recipients do not receive donated pet food, they often give their own food to their animals, going without eating.
DOGS AT CHURCH
Your dogs are welcome to sit in the courtyard with you on Sunday mornings during church services. Please keep in mind:
- Your dog must be on a leash.
- Your dog must be well-behaved.
- Dogs must stay outdoors.
- Please use the Pet Waste Station, located behind the sanctuary, for cleaning up after your dog.
- Affordable Pet Vaccinations & Basic Pet Wellness
- Greater Houston Area Shelters
- No-Kill Alternative Shelters
- How to Report Animal Cruelty
- The Importance of Microchipping
- Area Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation
Your prayer requests related to your beloved pets are always welcomed. Find the prayer request forms through out the campus or contact us.
Our pets have become an important part of our culture, and more and more places are starting to welcome and accommodate pets. We all know that pets are living, loving creatures created by God. Their spirits and presence in our lives teach us many important lessons, especially how to love. Their living spirits are divine, which is demonstrated by their ability to love unconditionally, to remain loyal and steadfast against all adversity, and to remain joyful despite outside circumstances. These are qualities which we, as humans, strive to achieve.
Email: AnimalKinshipMinistry@UnityHouston.org (For more information and for volunteering)
ANIMAL KINSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Ann Devries, Karen Svetaka, Megan McManus, Patty Bernal, Peggy, Moore, Sarah Ricciardi, Sally Strong, Syndi & David Lockett, Tom Miller, Cindy Cline, Marta De Fex